Friday, May 29, 2009

Notes From the Future "Mrs." - Getting Organized: Create a System!

<span class=
{Photo: Courtesy of Mindy Weiss}
<span class=
{Photo: Courtesy of Russell+Hazel}


'Tis the season to get organized. Especially for wedding planning. I was snooping around online, and noticed Mindy Weiss has this great book called "The Ultimate Wedding Organizer" Planner for $99.00 on her e-store. LOVE this organizer idea! I'm sure it's got every category imaginable covered, too (Just look at her book! Every wedding-related question under the sun is discussed. I'm not even joking. It's amazing.) Anyway, while online, I also noticed another great organizer from Russell+Hazel for $75.00. And you know what, honestly they both look like GREAT options.

But most brides probably don't want to spend the hundred bucks. So here's a solution. Just go buy a big binder, some page dividers, and lots of clear page protectors and VUALA! ...you have a wedding organizer book! You can even decorate it REAL pretty if you want ;)

So, without further ado, here is the category breakdown of my 'Wedding Book':

1. RECEPTION SITE
* Locations of Interest
* Food/Beverage Ideas
* Misc.

2. CEREMONY SITE
* Locations of Interest
* Misc.

3. FLORAL/DECOR CONCEPTS
* Personal Flowers
* Ceremony Decor
* Reception Decor

4. THE DRESS

5. OTHER ATTIRE
* Bridesmaids
* Groomsmen
* Ringbearer/Flower Girl
* Mother of the Bride (This is for you mom! I promise I won't neglect to help you find a BEAUTIFUL dress! You know I got your back :)

6. BEAUTY/ACCESSORIES
* Veil/Hairstyles
* Make up
* Shoes
* Jewelry
* Misc.

7. THE INVITATIONS

8. THE GUEST LIST

9. THE MUSIC

10. THE TRANSPORTATION

11. HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS

12. REHEARSAL DINNER
* Food/Beverage Ideas
* Flowers/Decor/Tent Rental

13. MISCELLANEOUS
* Lighting
* Sound
* Rental Items
* Other


Tearing out pages from magazines, and creating sketches for design concepts. That is what my spare time consists of these days. Now every idea has a happy little home to go into in my binder :)

And you want to know the best perk about this book? As I look through it, I am beginning to see a pattern. There are specific styles that pop up more often than others. Styles that "speak to me"...as Jodi would say. Having an eclectic style is a curse, I swear, so this is helping to narrow things down a bit. There is a prominent look happening here. Very fun to see. And helpful, nonetheless.

So, let this inspire you to better organize your big event ...in a very simple, inexpensive way.

~ Jillian


0 comments: