Friday, January 22, 2010

That's Market Research?

I just read the most wonderful post over on Sasha Souza's blog, Sparkliatti, and I had to share it with you.

This very thing has happened to me three times in the last 6 weeks and it's so disappointing. What many of these people who 'inquire' about our services don't know is that it's pretty easy to track down who the request is coming from. And I do know who you are. However, I have graciously given out the information because really, it's not a trade secret.

Here's the thing. I'm an honest, straight forward kinda girl. If you want to know what we charge, then just ask. BUT, and this is a capital B-U-T, as Sasha said, 'I'm not you, and you're not me.' We've got different business models , different gifts and different levels of experience. We all do things a little bit different and that is good because we're all perfect for someone. And not perfect for everyone.

Do read her post. I had the chance to meet Sasha last year at a conference and she's one of the most honest people we have in this industry. And it's refreshing!

~Jodi

1 comments:

Market Research said...

hmmm!!
nice post........