Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Dynamic Duo

As I reflect on today, I'm so thankful for the gift of owning In Any Event. I feel a bit sappy about it for some reason. And I don't know why. I think it's because there are so many people who hate their jobs and dread each and every day. I don't. I'm always excited to see what the new day brings because possibilities are always around the corner. And new friends to be made.

One of today's highlights was lunch with Ben and Laura Harrison of Ben Harrison Photography; a dynamic duo who's talent blows my mind! They have a modern style all their own. And I've fallen in love with them. They're the hippest duo you'll ever meet but yet {and this is what's most important} their work is timeless. Forever. Never will go out of style. Never dated. And that's why they're so good!

Ben and Laura don't care about industry trends or fads because they don't follow them. It's not who they are and I love photographers like that. I love the ones that have a definitive style and are comfortable in their own skin. Because at the end of the day, we all want photographs that are timeless and best reflect who we are and not who we aren't. Ben and Laura can do just that. And that's why I like them so much!

~Jodi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was great meeting with you too jodi! thank you so much for your kind words regarding our work ... it means a lot coming from you. talk soon! ben + laura

Anonymous said...

I had the pleasure of working with Ben and Laura last summer and their work was amazing. I know you've been a fan of their work for a long time and I'm glad you finally had an opportunity to meet them. They're just so great personally and professionally!

Here's to a fabulous 2009!!!!