Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 2 -The Special Event 2009





The highlight today (Wednesday) was the sold-out Wedding Luncheon at the Hard Rock Hotel. We had purchased VIP tickets that allowed us to view the cutting-edge tabletop designs an hour before other attendees. All I can say is AMAZING! But, you haven’t even heard the best news!

The keynote speaker was Carley Roney, editor-in-chief of The Knot, Inc. During her address she talked about today’s modern bride; what she likes, what she doesn’t like, and what she wants out of her big day. She showed images of rooms that today’s bride wants. {Okay dear blog readers, brace yourself!} And up pops a photo of our August wedding on the big screen! Can you even believe it? Unfortunately, I was trying to locate my Blackberry on the floor but Jenn hit me so hard when it came up, I nearly fell out of my seat!

I approached Carely after her speech to tell her she made my WEEK by placing an event we designed on the big screen. She apologized for not giving me credit. Oh please, like I was even thinking about that!
Blogs: Why Your Website Isn't Enough - Robyn Bomar of Mix, Mingle, GLOW

This was a greatly anticipated class. And boy did it deliver! I learned so many things about blogging that I didn't know. You're sure to see A LOT of changes to this blog over the next couple of weeks. I can't wait to implement all that I learned.

...But Are You Making Any Money - Marley Majcher of The Party Goddess

Suffice it to say, this was my favorite class of the week! I've been reading Marley's blog for over a year now and her stories make me laugh so hard that I want to cry! And she's just as funny in person.

I learned so many wonderful tips and tricks that make an event planning business even more profitable . I even learned some accounting practices that will help make dear CPA's life a little easier, too!

The Party Goddess is offering a great tool for all of you out there that want to be an event planner. She has named this new service, How to Be a Party Goddess. Simply go to the website and sign-up to receive free, informative emails that take you through the process, step-by-step. I signed up for this service even though I've been in the business for 15 years. And I really love what I've been reading. She's also offering one-on-one business coaching for more in-depth review {that's not free, though}.

Following Marley's class, Jenn and I had the privilege of enjoying cocktails with The Party Goddess and Robyn of Mix, Mingle, GLOW. What a privilege it was to have Marley answer so many questions with such candor. I so appreciated the time she took to answer some of the burning industry questions I've had that only someone of her stature could clarify for me.

Day 2 was such a great day for me. My head was spinning by the time it hit the pillow but I learned the most that day. No question about it.

~Jodi

4 comments:

Mi Photo Booth said...

I can't wait to hear more!

Joyful Weddings and Events said...

We were in so many of the same classes together! They were so great. And I was totally starstruck by Tara as well. Did you go to her seminar?

It was so wonderful to meet you- thank you for introducing yourself to me. You literally made my day! Your work is wonderful and I will definitely be checking your blog out now as well!

MixMingleGlow said...

Ummm, HELLO???!! Are you kidding me?? I made the blog?? OK, now that I am feeling like I have reached quasi-rockstar status, I MUST return the favor. I have been thinking about you alot since I met you and just so you know, I have decided we are friends. You are hilarious, off-the-charts talented and so kind, it hurts. Just so you know, I am your latest official blogstalker.

Amazing site...I'll be spending my weekend perusing your archives! :)
Thanks for the shout out girlie!

Anonymous said...

I've decided we're friends now, too! My assistant and I are laughing at your post, girlfriend! You crack me up! So, stalk away, sister. Because I'll be doing the same!