Friday, July 10, 2009

Notes From the Future "Mrs." - Ready to go Dress Hunting!

The thought of wedding dress shopping makes me REAL happy. I have been thinking seriously about what kind of wedding dress I want for, oh I don't know, over two years now (and yes, this is long before Chris and I even got engaged).

The other night, my lovely MH (Theresa) showed me this gorgeous Christos dress she saw on the Today Show. The cap sleeved gown is adorned with pearls and has a fantastic silhouette. I fell in love. I got the itch and thought to myself, "I need to make some appointments and go shopping! It's that time."

Photobucket
{Photo: Courtesy of Christos}


Jodi has blogged about this before, but I am going to say it again...Ultimate Bride in Chicago is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. This is the place. This is where you need to go wedding dress shopping if you live in Grand Rapids. The associates there are so incredibly kind and down-to-earth. They bring out TONS of dresses for you, work with your style and budget, and have any designer you could ever want!

In a recent post of mine, I also mentioned a great tip I got for buying reduced-price designer gowns online. This is another option for buying your wedding dress. But no matter what way you go, online or in-store, trying on dresses is important so you know your exact dress size. So that's just what I'm doing. My mom and I will hit up Chi-town August 22nd (and coincidentally 2 of my bridesmaids live there to join us on the hunt!)


Here are some of my favorite looks:


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
{Photos (From top, going clockwise): Courtesy of J.Crew, Monique Lhuillier, Casa Blanca Bridal, Priscilla of Boston}


Can't wait to share what I find!

~ Jillian

1 comments:

Stephanie (Mama) said...

Jill- I used to walk by Ultimate Brides all the time, I had no idea it was one of the most amazing gown shops in the country, but I did always see a Vera dress in the window. I am so excited to see what you pick! :)

Love you!