Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Gwyneth Paige {couture letterpress}

Several months ago, I mentioned that we were hard at work developing a letterpress invitation company that would become an extension of our event planning firm, In Any Event, as well as our brand. I didn't give you much information about it so today I want to fill you in on some of the details.

You're probably wondering why in the world I would take on something this huge. Well, for a couple of reasons. First, I wanted to be able to offer our clients a more stylized and custom approach to an invitation suite that reflects the true look and feel of the event. I want to be able to have more control over the design and end-product so that it speaks to the over-all look and feel of the event. My publicist often talks about branding and how important it is for a business. I think the same can be said for an event. A properly branded event with a consistent look and feel will always be a beautiful event.

The second reason for starting a couture letterpress company was to offer those brides who may not be able to utilize our event planning services the opportunity to have a highly-stylized invitation suite. In my opinion, everyone should have access to beautiful, stylized letterpress.

With all that said, I thought it made perfect sense that the next step for my business was to develop an amazing letterpress company. And that's how Gwyneth Paige {couture letterpress} was born. {More later on how I came up with the name. It's a great story!}

Now for some of the particulars. I have hired an insanely talented graphic designer in New York who has agreed to become the creative director behind Gwyneth Paige. Her name is Andrea and over the next couple of months I'll tell you more about her as well as reveal glimpses of the designs she has been feverishly sketching and working on. I know you'll love her as much as I do and the company's creative direction could not be in better hands!

In October and November of this year, you'll begin to see photographs of the different invitation suites. You'll see invitations coming off the letterpresses, invitation binders under construction, photos of Andrea working on her designs and much more. We'll take a little break over December and January to fine-tune and then begin to send exclusive sneak-peaks of the line out to our favorite wedding bloggers.

In May 2010, we'll unveil the entire line to the world at the National Stationery Show in New York City. Our invitation binders will become available to stationery and wedding invitation retailers across the nation and the Gwyneth Paige website will be up and running and ready for business.

It's all so exciting and I can't wait to see what's in store for this extension of In Any Event. In the meantime, we've got a lot of work to do. There's paper for the envelope liners to select, fonts to choose for the font library, pantone books to pour through to select ink colors, binders to design and packaging to select. It all seems pretty overwhelming given our current event load through the end of the year. But, I've got an amazing group of people working for me so I know we'll accomplish it all.

Stay tuned as we reveal more exciting things about Gwyneth Paige {couture letterpress}.
~Jodi

2 comments:

Soiree said...

This sounds beautiful, Jodi! Can't wait for future posts about Gwyneth Paige :)

Kara Scheeneman said...

I'm chuckling about the name...because I know the story. : ) Love it, Jod!