Thursday, September 24, 2009

Full Steam AHEAD!

ArtPrize is in full swing! People are everywhere downtown and the city is a buzz. Last night was the big opening ceremony in Lyon Square. It was a fantastic night and I'm looking forward to more amazing events over the next 10 days.

Tonight, my husband and I took the kids out for a couple of hours to visit some of the artist exhibits they've been so excited to see. Though we're hard at work preparing the events for this amazing thing called ArtPrize, I told myself I would take time with my family to look around and enjoy what's happening to our city.

To say I was blown away by what I saw tonight would be an understatement! I love the arts. How could I not. I'm not just an event planner, but an event designer. There's a tremendous amount of creativity that goes into what I do. Event design is my form of artistic expression. And I love to see how others express themselves. If I could, I'd visit all 1,262 exhibits!

So, over the next couple of weeks, I'm going to be sure to take an hour here and an hour there to see as much as I can. I'm going to drink in the richness of our city. I'm going to marvel at the reaction of my children as they interact with the artwork. I'm going to share my love of art with them in hopes they will grow to love and express art, too.

Don't miss this! The opportunities are just too rich.

~Jodi

0 comments: